We currently have two vacancies for Mechanical Fitters to learn about mechanical engineering in general, and creating and maintaining controlled compliant production environments in particular. The role will combine technical skills with problem solving.
Here at Norvent, we specialise in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of environmental control systems for highly regulated manufacturing industries. Our engineers may work on the installation of entire new systems or may be expected to service and repair existing installations, sometimes in emergency situations.
We are seeking to employ two trainee’s for an exciting opportunity to join our engineering team based in Birmingham. You will be highly trained to work in our customers’ manufacturing environments. Principally in the commercial and automotive sectors but also in other developing sectors.
We will ensure you develop the highest standard of knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience in the industry and targeted towards a qualified mechanical fitter. You will be introduced to heating and ventilation systems, to the world of temperature-controlled environments and to air condition and dust extraction systems.
5 GCSEs at 9-4/A*-C (5 or above preferred), must include Maths, English language, and ideally Science or equivalent related qualifications.
Must have at least 1 years college course taken in Engineering.
The job will involve, but isn’t restricted to:
- Using workshop equipment such as milling machines, lathes etc
- Setting and adjusting machine tools and equipment.
- Disassemble and/or assemble mechanical components and equipment to meet required specifications.
- Position and install mechanical equipment and record measurements using precision measuring equipment.
Candidates must have:
- Good Inter-personal Skills
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing clearly
- Keen to learn
- Subscribe to our values of passion, integrity and excellence
- Organised and well prepared with excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Like to work with their hands
- Enjoy working in a team
- Be adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Follow instructions and work to standards set
- Able to act independently if required
- 18+ only
- Full driving license
An inquisitive mind, an attention to detail and an ability to work within a team. The candidate will be ambitious to progress in an environment where you will be challenged to grow
We will ensure you develop the highest standard of knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience in the industry and is targeted towards a first appointment as mechanical fitter as you work towards the role of contract engineer
Working week: Monday-Friday 8.30-5.00 (some weekend where necessary)
Things to consider:
You will be required to travel in and around the Midlands each working day, so please bear this in mind when applying as well as your ability to travel to Norvent’s Head Office in Bromsgrove.